|Wanted: Innovation and Creativity - Collaboration Award 2013|
DNUG invites you again to enter the competition for the Collaboration Award. The prize is awarded for solutions that especially shine by their innovative character and which can be described as trend-setting for a collaboration 2013. Apart from the idea and its professional realization, especially those solutions shall be honored, that use state-of-the-art implementation techniques, that boost the idea of open standards and that - as far as possible - represent an integration of different products of the Lotus portfolio.
All interested user companies can apply for the award by March 31, 2012, using the form on the DNUG website.
The best applications will be nominated by the jury for presentation of their solution to a knowledgeable audience at the DNUG Spring Conference 2013. The conference attendees will have the chance to vote for one of the presented solutions.
Terms of Participation:
For the Collaboration Award, collaboration and social software applications can be submitted, that are deployed in a company or an public organization. The user company or user organization should preferably participate in the competition.
To get preselected, the application has to meet the following requirements:
The application has to be:
In addition, the solution should meet as many as possible of the following criteria or some of the criteria in an outstanding way.
- essentially based on social business and collaboration solutions of the IBM (e.g. Notes/Domino, Sametime, Quickr, Connections, mobility solutions, mashups, WebSphere Portal)
- submitted by the user organization, the business partner or an external consultant
- original. It must not be an application/solution that is marketed as product. But it can be based on a product, if the user organization has recognizably customized the solution thus generating a specific surplus value for the user organization. Customization and surplus value have to be explicitly pointed out.
- deployed in an organization, that should be DNUG member.
The application should:
People are the focus of collaboration applications. Therefore, it can be highlighted, whether the far above-average initiative and commitment of an individual employee (e.g. developer, CIO) or a team (e.g. of the IT department, of the specialist department) of the user organization is of paramount importance for the success of the application.
- be innovative or creative in a special way, e.g. with regard to architecture, integration complexity, design or functionality at the front-end and/or back-end
- be integrated into the infrastructure of information and communication of the user organization. It should represent or support internal and/or external business processes
- offer a special qualitative use beyond the solution of routine work and/or feature clearly communicable quantitative business advantages (cost reduction, sales increase, ROI, time-to-market, etc.)
- have proved outstanding competitive potential, e.g. by eliminating a hitherto comprehensible legacy solution or a collaboration solution not based on Lotus technologies
- present a strategic milestone in setting-up or improving the collaboration infrastructure, which was initiated e.g. by the CIO, the IT department or the specialist department
- have exemplary character
- provide other distinctive features that are not listed here
For more information please contact us!
The winners of the DNUG Award, conferred until 2012, were:
- Gesellschaft für Entwicklung, Beschaffung und Betrieb mbH with the Web portal for child care of the German Federal Armed Forces "Kinderbetreuungsportal der Bundeswehr im Internet" (June 2012)
- "AixPort" Portal of the StädteRegion Aachen (June 2010)
- AI-X AG with Alternative Investment Exchange - „Schon heute Zukunft handeln“ (June 2008)
- ecoville gmbh and its desktop with VoIP integration everywhere@home (June 2007)
- Fresenius Medical Care Deutschland GmbH with its electronic spare part catalogue (May 2006)
- Amway GmbH for the Amway EIP - Enterprise Information Portal (June 2005)
- Lack- und Farbenfabrik Karl Wörwag and its information portal „Unternehmensweite Informationsportal Wörhoo“ (May 2004)
- VR Kreditwerk AG with the solution "Project Management and Order Management with Lotus Notes" (November 2003)
- Der Schweizerische Beobachter for its consultation website "HelpOnline, (May 2003)
Your Application for the Collaboration Award 2012|
|Jury Members 2012:|
Prof. Dr. Ludwig Nastansky (Chair)
Prof. Dr. Ulrich Hasenkamp
Ralf Michael Ortner
KDZ Personal und Versorgung Wiesbaden
Peter von Bechen