|HOME > Conferences > Autumn Conference 2012 in Fulda > Call for Abstracts|
Call for Abstracts Submit Your Abstract by June 30, 2012!
for the Event
DNUG Autumn Conference 2012 on November 8 and 9 in Fulda
with integrated University Day & Social Business Day
1. Future and IT Trends: Where Is Information Technology Heading?
Workplace of the future (inter alia fusion of professional and private life)
Consolidation and standardization (inter alia ROI calculations: analysis and evaluation of IT usage)
Mobile ways of working
Enthusing the young generation
Change management (in relation to culture, employees, organization)
2. Networking: From Hype to Lasting Significance of Social Media
Changed way of working
Communication between employees, departments and companies
Motivation and incentive schemes
Indicators for project success and measurement of success
Social media guidelines vs. social media policies - sense and nonsense?
Privacy and social media policies
Building up reputation
Mobile social media
Structuring of information
Finding and sharing knowledge
Interaction with existing ss
3. Communication: Integration of Telephony and IT
Workplace of tomorrow
Unified Communication - Technologies
Telephony as web service
4. Costs: Ways to Increase Efficiency and Competitiveness
IT as a service
Concepts and overall view
Make or buy
Maintenance and support
5. Practical Experience Reports: Which Experience Would You Like to Share with the Conference Attendees?
Best practices from development, administration, software implementation and software upgrades with a special focus on:
- New developments and modernization of existing Domino applications based on XPages
- Experiences with collaboration from the cloud
- Experiences of introducing IBM Connections
- Experiences with social media in the enterprise
Experiences from migration studies and migrations to Lotus Notes/from Lotus Notes to other systems, coexistence
New "killer" applications
Simple applications in new operation areas
6. Documents and Information: How Do We Cooperate through Documents and Information?
Enterprise content management
Content life cycle management
Information life cycle management
Task and activity management
Integration (strengths of Lotus Notes in this field, factors for access to other systems)
7. Universities & Other Educational Establishments
A view behind the scenes of cooperation between science and practice
Current information and status update on university projects in the following fields:
- Introduction and deployment of IT
- Conceptual design and (further) development of IT settings and tools
- Best practices and practical experience reports on completed projects
Networking Forum University - Industry
Workshops for exchange with (potential) customers for student projects and seminars
Cooperation projects between Universities and Companies:
- Development of prototypes with students
- Wishes for a closer cooperation of companies and universities in future
|Which information are you expected to hand in?|
Create excitement already with the title! Put your topic in a nutshell, phrase it catchy and interesting!
2. Summary of the Basic Content
What is your message?
What makes your topic suitable for the attendees of the conference/Social Business Day?
What is the project background?
Which questions/problems preceded the project?
Why was this way chosen of all alternatives?
Which lessons learned do you want to pass to the listeners?
How will the project move on?
-> Extent: approx. 100 words
3. Additional Information
- Objective of the presentation
- Benefit for the attendees
- Target group
- Background knowledge required of the attendees
- Technical level of the presentation
- Type of presentation (live presentation, hands-on training, theoretical lecture, practical experience report, etc.)
1. Written-out CV
- Position in the company
- Current responsibilities
- Expertise and experiences related to the presentation topic
-> Extent: up to 60 words
2. Up-to-date Photo
- eps file preferred
- suitable for printing (min. 300 dpi) and web
- needed in case of confirmation of the presentation, only
Before handing in your proposal, put yourself in the position of a potential conference attendee:
- Do you feel attracted by your wording?
- Would you attend the presentation/select it from a row of parallel offers?
In case of a confirmation, the above mentioned additional information (point 3) will printed together with your presentation in the conference brochure. Together with the summary, they are published on the DNUG web site for information of potential attendees.
In case of confirmation of the presentation, we will adapt cvs, exceeding the limit of 60 words. Also ask yourself what you would like to know of other speakers.
Product presentations are not desired within this call for abstracts.
|TIME Available for the Presentation|
45 min in total, thereof
- 30 min for presentation
- 15 min for introductory and concluding moderation as well as Q&A
We kindly ask you to point out differing requirements.
- Keep the number of slides low
- Demonstrate the benefit
- Derive QuickWins
- Discuss problems
Involve the attendee
- which information is important to him?
- which background is necessary for his understanding?
- which suggestions or impetus can he contribute?
|GENERAL TERMS for Conference Attendance as Speaker|
On the day of his presentation, the speaker can attend the conference free of charge.
Two speakers are admitted per presentation.
For attendance of the entire event, 50 % of the according conference fee will be charged.
Each speaker has to bear himself the expenses for his travel and accommodation.
Please send your submission to info(at)dnug(dot)de!