|HOME > DNUG > DNUG - About Us|
DNUG - About UsDNUG - The Enterprise Collaboration Professionals e.V. is the experienced community of the users of IBM social business & collaboration solutions.
About 400 companies, IT service providers, universities and individual members, a total of approx. 1,500 specialists for collaborative IT-systems are members of the association. The main focus of DNUG’s work is the exchange of knowledge and experiences on intranet, internet and extranet technologies based on Lotus Notes/Domino, Sametime, Connections, Quickr and WebSphere Portal. The range of services offered by DNUG is completed by topical information from analysts, management experts and software vendors as well as product comparisons.
DNUG’s objective is to maximize the ROI for solutions within a Domino and/or WebSphere environment and thus contribute to the business success of its members. This includes avoiding bad investments, exchanging experiences about successful utilization of the infrastructure for different requirements and minimizing the infrastructure operating costs.
Furthermore, DNUG keeps very close contact to IBM and - owing to the substantial number of members - influences product developments in the interest of the user.
DNUG is bound to the benefit of its members. Therefore, a code of behavior, which takes into account the nonprofit character of the association and prevents abuse, is imposed on all DNUG bodies (board, extended board, management, employees, heads of the special interest groups and of the regional groups etc.).
DNUG was founded in 1994 and organizes several conferences, workshops, special interest group meetings and regional meetings per year.
Members communicate via the on-line platform "EULUC - Meet the Experts".
DNUG - The Enterprise Collaboration Professionals e.V.
Kahlaische Straße 2, 07745 Jena, Germany
Phone: +49 3641 4569-0
Fax: +49 3641 4569-15
In the ClubZone of this site members have the opportunity to access presentations of conferences and task group meetings.
DNUG - Summary of Services and Advantages
- Organization of conferences on the hottest groupware topics featuring internationally acclaimed speakers
- Groupware specialists exchange knowledge and experiences in DNUG Special Interest Groups
- Workshops and regional meetings as further offers
- Communication of the members at the online platform "EULUC - Meet the Experts"
- Easy and informal contact to leading professionals within the groupware communities of the USA and Europe
- Efficient first-class services for members by the DNUG office in Jena providing organization and coordination for all DNUG activities
- Close contacts to groupware know-how centers at universities and in industry
- DNUG advocates member interests to Lotus and IBM
- DNUG contests: Collaboration Award and DNUG Theses Contest
- DNUG founded June, 13th, 1994, in Wiesbaden by the representatives of 36 companies
- Coordination and organization of all DNUG activities by the office in Augsburg until September 1995
- Transfer of organization and administration to the DNUG office in Jena (in cooperation with the Jena University of Applied Sciences until March 1998)
- Organization of more than 35 conferences with up to 750 participants each and accompanying showcases with 20 - 60 exhibitors
- Organization of the University Day and support of other university events on collaboration offering a basis for cooperation in the academic sector
- Yearly contest for the three best theses on IBM social business and collaboration solutions as well as related integrative aspects
- Special membership terms for students and universities
- Establishment of 12 task groups and organization of more than 270 events since 1996 with topic-related discussions and high-quality presentations
- Internet presence with information and a member club zone
- Growth to about 400 members, consisting of companies, universities and individual members
- Collaboration Award for exemplary deployment of social business and collaboration products of the IBM Lotus product family
- Start of the Web 2.0 online platform "EULUC - Meet the experts" in November 2007
- Creation of an expert team of members: "DNUG Enthusiast Program"
- Renaming of the user community as DNUG e.V. on decision of the general annual meeting on November 7, 2011
Members of the Board
Freelance IT consultant, Düsseldorf
Focuses: collaboration and social media
Manager Communication, Bausparkasse Schwäbisch Hall AG, Schwäbisch Hall
Chairman of the Supervisory Board, agentbase AG, Paderborn
Members of the Extended Board
Managing Director, holistic-net GmbH, Hannover
Architect IT communication, DB Systel GmbH, Erfurt
Manager Middleware Platforms, FIDUCIA IT AG, Karlsruhe
Dr. Roswitha Boldt, DNUG e.V., Jena
Member of the Advisory Board
Managing Director, TIMETOACT Software & Consulting GmbH, Köln
Freelance IT consultant and project manager for social networks, social business and social learning
ICS Business and Technical Strategy Team, IBM
Prof. Dr. Petra Schubert
University Koblenz-Landau / IBM University Competence Center
Managing Partner, SOFTWERK Innovative Technologien GmbH, Fürth
Prof. Dr. Ludwig Nastansky
Managing Director, Acviti GmbH, Karlsruhe